In todays session the topic was texture. After researching photography showing texture, I learnt that a lot of the photos were of close ups and had great contrast between the lightness and darkness. In order to capture texture, there must be light going across the photo to show the textures.
Firstly, I started by taking photos of natural objects such as leaves and tree trunks but after a while they were all the same but also some of these natural objects were difficult to capture the light and dark contrast. Then I decided to start photographing manmade objects like walls, wood and pavements which I felt really captured texture by the contrast of lightness.
The image above is one I edited to enhance the contrast to help emphasise the texture. It captured the texture of a painted wooden surface. I like how within the photo is the presence of shadow but I also like how the photo shows texture despite the use of quite bold colour.
This photograph is of a concrete surface, it shows quite a rough texture. I edited the exposure and contrast levels to make the different in lightness more obvious. I personally think that despite the colours are quite dull, texture is portrayed rather well.
Progression
Given the opportunity, I think I would like to explore texture further because it is similar to pattern but you have to capture the light and dark contrast to show the texture. I think that I would like to explore the textures of a variety of natural objects, for example sea shells and forestry.


No comments:
Post a Comment