Connecting Essay 1
This photograph above portrays reflection and the reflection is in a puddle. The photo is in black and white which emphasises the lighter and darker parts of the image. There is also contrast within this image in the sense that the puddle is on a man made surface but the reflection in the puddle is a natural object. I feel that this reflection portrays a sense of height because you can see the clods around the tip of the tree.
This is a photo which I took and I feel that it shows reflection. The reflection shown in the image is reflecting in a puddle and is part of a silhouette of a human. The puddle shows both light and dark areas and the reflections are very dark which emphasises the shape. To some extent, it could be argued that it shows the contrast between the wet puddle and the dry surface surrounding it.
Both of these photographs show reflection and both through the use of a puddle. The first photograph shows a more detailed reflection of the tree whilst the latter photograph shows a simplistic silhouette of a human. I feel that they a both very different images although they have the same concept. The first is a more dull and gloomy image because it is all in black and white and the only light area in the photograph is the reflection of the clouds. In contrast, the second image shows a more wider spectrum of light and dark because it has very dark areas but very light areas also. It also is a ,ore lighter colour, not as dull as the black and white photo. Overall I feel that both of these photographs use similar concepts to show reflection within an image effectively.


No comments:
Post a Comment