Monday, 3 November 2014

Work Diary- Studio Form

Evaluation
In today's session the topic was form which we had previously explored but instead of being in natural occurring locations it was to be done in the studio. It was the first session where we took photographs in the studio so there was a lot of new equipment which we had never used prior (studio lights and different cameras). 
The studio was a fantastic place to capture form as the shadows and difference in light was very obvious and easier to capture. Having taken a selection of photographs showing form it was then time to edit the shots. When editing the photos there wasn't very much which needed to be changed there was only minor changes in the exposure and light levels.

This photo is my least favourite shot of the session because I feel that the photo mainly focuses on the darker parts than the fewer lighter parts. I would defiantly reconsider taking this photo and redoing the editing of it to really capture the lighter parts.

In contrast, this is my favourite photograph as I feel that it is a very natural pose and it captures the difference in light rather well to create a good sense of form.

Progression
I would like to explore form in the studio further by maybe the use of objects rather than people. Given the opportunity I would look at the different forms that could be created - very light and very dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment