Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Work Diary- Studio Contrast

Evaluation
In todays lesson the topic was contrast which was a completely new idea when it come to photography. Although there are many contrasts we can think of, it was trying to capture shots that showed the differences and therefore contrast. Due to the weather we were unable to go outside and photograph contrast so we had to do the session in the studio. Being in the studio, I felt limited the amount of contrasts which were available. Because of this I felt that the photographs I captured soon became more or less the same.
However, this is one of the photographs I edited from the shoot. It shows contrast in several ways; difference in gender, height, hair length, colours of the clothes but also the direction the two are facing. I feel that this shows contrast in several ways despite the simplicity of the shot.

This photo also shows contrast in similar ways to the one above. The only real difference to the one above is the difference in the angles they are facing, one facing front and the other back. You cain clearly see the difference between the height and the hair lengths.



Progression
I don't feel as if I would want to progress contrast whilst in the studio because I feel that the shots become quite limited. I also feel that i didn't capture many shots for this topic at all. Disregarding this I feel that this session has taught me that sometimes simplicity is best, especially in the topic if contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment