Monday, 3 November 2014

Work Diary- Shape

Evaluation 
In today's session the topic was shape which sounded quite easy as shape could be anything as it is the outline of something. I thought it would be quite easy to find shapes so stayed in the college campus to take my photographs. Throughout the college the shapes were mainly circle and squares which were mostly drain covers. I found it difficult to find more abstract shapes like polygons.

This is my favourite photo which I took showing shape. I really like it because it is an abstract yet naturally occurring shape but I also like the contrast between the lightness of the leaf and the dull background.



This is another photo I took for shape, I like it because there is the presence of the shadow of the object. I also like it because the shape is quite bold and the darkness of the shadow helps to emphasise this.


Progression 
If given the opportunity to explore shale further I would use the opportunity to take photos of more natural and unsusal shapes like flowers and other natural objects. I would also consider filling the whole frame of the same object but focusing on only one perfect outline within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment