Thursday, 18 December 2014

Final Project Evaluation

I have enjoyed looking at the different topics covered in unit 1 and have enjoyed some more than others. I am glad in the sense that the project has finished because I have been able to develop my skills. When you look back to the first few topics covered in the unit like line and colour and then compare them to the more recent topics like Mapplethorpe I think you can see the improvements in the photographs. 

My least favourite topic was photo joiner for I found it quite difficult to make a good final photo but also because of the object you could make an effective photo from were quite limited and boring. I also disliked doing the second shoots of the contrast location and studio contrast because again I felt the choices of what you could do became quite limited and as a result quite boring.

I have particularly enjoyed working in the studio because it is something new but it also lets you see what effect the different lighting has on the whole frame. I liked doing the Mapplethorpe studio shoot for it allowed you to focus on simple elements and features of portraiture but still give an effective photograph. In addition I have enjoyed doing the walk shoots for it gave a nice change to photograph different locations and different objects which were along the way. It also allowed you to enhance on shoots which we had already done but with the use of different backgrounds. I definitely would want to do walks in the future through different locations to allow a greater variety of photographs. Also, I wish to work in the studio more to experiment with the different lighting and backgrounds to see what the different effects are.

I feel throughout the topic I have been able tot learn skills and develop my skills even further. I have learnt how to use photo hop to a good level having never used the software before. In the new topic I want to develop my photoshop skills even further to be able to edit my final pieces in the best way. I am looking forward to working on new topics and enhancing my photography skills much further to give better final pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment