Monday, 1 December 2014

Work Diary- Location Contrast 2

Evaluation
In todays session, the topic was location contrast 2 which allowed me to expand and get different shots of contrast. I approached the topic believing that it would be easy to capture contrast as previously i had captured quite a lot of photos for the same topic. However, in this session i found it a bit harder to do because everything was very similar to last session. I feel that because i captured a lot of shots last session, it limited me to contrasts which were different. 

Below are my 2 favourite photographs of the session. The first is quite a simple and obvious contrast, the difference between the black and the white stripes. I like this particular photograph as I feel that despite the simplicity of the image, contrast is shown rather well. Also, I like the way how depth and is incorporated within the image because the stripes are getting thinner as they get further away.


The contrast in this photograph is not as obvious as the one above. The contrast is the idea of wet and dry ground as there is a puddle but around it is dry ground. I particularly like how the puddle shows that there is light being projected into it. This could then be considered as another contrast because there is a light area of the puddle but also a darker area.
Progression
I think having done this topic twice now, I wouldn't want to progress further with it. I enjoyed the topic in the first session because there were a lot of different contrasts available, where as in the second session it was limited to the new contrasts available to the location.

No comments:

Post a Comment