Monday, 1 December 2014

Work Diary- Studio Contrast 2

Evaluation 

The topic in todays session had already been covered in a previous session, studio contrast. When I had done this topic before, I found it quite difficult to find clear contrasts which were different to each other. However, today I approached the session with a much more simpler idea of contrast and with this approach I managed to capture twice as many photographs than last time. 
This is my favourite photograph of todays session because I like the position of the individuals but also I believe it shows several contrasts within. It shows contrast of gender, hair colour and hair length. I also like the contrast between the light clothes and the darker background.
 This is another photograph from the session, it is rather simple and the simple concept of half of the face covered and the other half uncovered does show contrast despite the simplicity of it. Alike the one above, there is contrast between the black background and the clothing.

Progression
I feel that having completed 2 shoots of studio contrast,  I don't want to progress with contrast further because I have captured a wide range of shoots which demonstrate it. However, if given the opportunity, I would want to use the studio to capture contrast between objects rather than people. Photograph differences in shapes and colours of objects for example.


No comments:

Post a Comment