In this project so far, I have completed several topics, some which I have enjoyed thoroughly whilst some not as much. I have particularly enjoyed doing more studio shoots with different topics as it has allowed me to see the different effects of using different backgrounds and different lighting. In the studio, I have enjoyed doing the Mapplethorpe portraiture because in the studio tone and form can easily be captured. I have also enjoyed doing walks because it allowed e to capture different pictures that may not have been available in the college campus.
However, I have not enjoyed doing photo joiner because I found it quite hard to get a good outcome and finish. I found it difficult to match all the photographs up with each other but then even more so joining the ones at different angles to create a sense of form.
Having looked back at topics studied early in the course, such as line and pattern, and then comparing them to more recent topics, I feel that my work has improved in the way that the photograph is taken and what it portrays. In more recent work there has been the presence of more conceptual ideas rather than literate, especially when it came to contrast such as difference in colour being literate where as open and close is a more conceptual idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment