Michael Wolf
I have chosen to look at the work of Michael Wolf because I was instantly intrigued by the simplicity but the effect of his work. The objects that he photographers are quite simple but the photographs overall demonstrate many of the formal elements.
This photograph is of a building whereby there are many floors and many windows. It portrays colour, shape, and it could be argued that it shows pattern. The colours are quite bold colours, orange and yellow but in contrast the white is quite plain and simple.
In this photo, it shows another building like a block of flats and the most prominent colour within is pink. It shows pattern for the continuos arrangement of colour and also the regular windows.Although the picture is very simple, the overall effect is rather good for it shows formal elements such as colour, line, pattern and shape.
In this photograph, it is very similar to the other photographs as it is just of a building. However, this particular photograph is different in comparison to the others for it is vertical rather than horizontal. Having the picture a different orientation creates a sense of height and therefore depth. It also shows colour, shape, pattern and line.
Again this photo is slightly different in comparison to his other work as his work usually shows just the building and not the foreground before it. This photograph shows the location leading up towards the central building but in addition there is also buildings on each side of the shot. This helps create a sense of distance and depth. Within this photo there are many bold colours which help to emphasise the shape and pattern.
Having looked at Michael Wolf's work, I would like to try and incorporate his ideas within my future work. I want to try and focus on objects such as buildings which quite simply show pattern, colour and shape. I feel that the simple concept of buildings conveys numerous formal elements in one photograph.
In my work I have tried to show the influence of Michael Wolf by looking at simple patterns. However, my simple patterns are not the same or similar to his for they are not necessarily bold colours and very simple shapes either. It has been difficult to find similar buildings to the ones used in Michael Wolf's work due to the different locations.
Overall, although the work of Michael Wolf has not really influenced my work so far as much as I'd hoped, I wish to continue looking at his work and trying to incorporate it in my work further. I will try to go out and find similar buildings, like tall flats to photograph. So far his work has influenced me by looking at the patterns within photographs.




No comments:
Post a Comment