Thursday, 4 December 2014

Work Diary- Mapplethorpe Studio

Evaluation
In the session today, the task was to do a Mapplethorpe studio shoot. This topic was different to one covered  before, for it was portraiture but also in black and white. Having looked at the work of Mapplethorpe, it was clear that the majority of the portraits were quite serious. In the studio, a dark background was used to emphasise the contrast of the face and the background. 
This is my favourite photo of the shoot for I like the great difference between the face and the background. I also like the position of the model looking up.
 I also like this photograph for I feel that it is quite a natural photograph and no real emotion is really being portrayed. If I was to edit it further and improve I would try to make the face more central and use as much of the space as possible.


Progression
I feel that I would like to progress in this topic further but I would like to explore the different positions and facial expressions which portray different senses of mood. I would also like to try the shoot with a white background just to explore the effect it has on the overall finish of the photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment