Thursday, 4 December 2014

Work Diary- Multiple Imagery

Evaluation
In the session today, the topic was multiple imagery which was a whole new concept. The aim was to take many images which were similar to each other and then put them together in photoshop. Going out to take photographs, there were many different possible multiple imagery pieces but when it came to take them it was important to try and capture the object at different angles to give it different views. Having collected a wide range of photographs, it was time to edit them in photoshop whereby you had to make sure that each image was equal distances away from each other.

 This is my favourite multiple imagery piece I composed because I like the boldness of the colours throughout. I also feel that despite it being of the same plant, there are clear differences between each individual photograph.
In contrast, this is my least favourite composition of todays session for I feel that these photos are quite similar to each other. I feel that if I was given the opportunity to redo it I would give the pictures spacing in between but also consider rearranging the photographs.

Progression
I would like to progress in this topic further if given the opportunity for I would like to try multiple imagery on different objects. I have only done multiple imagery of natural objects such as plants and leaves where as I would like to try it with man made objects such as buildings. Also, I think it would be interesting to do a multiple imagery piece of different facial expressions.


No comments:

Post a Comment