Sunday, 28 September 2014

Photographer 2- Andrienne Adams

Andrienne Adams

The I have chosen to study the work of Andrienne Adams because I feel that it focuses on simple aspects of nature and captures them in unique ways showing patterns and textures that you typically wouldn't associate with that particular object. She focuses largely on aspects of nature which presents patter, colour and texture.

I like this picture takes a simple concept but captures it in a unique way. It manages to capture the rippling motion from the water but it also manages to show the reflections of the surroundings in a distorted manor. The photo shows colour, texture, reflection and form by the distribution of the light.

I really like the pattern and texture that is created in this image. I love the way how the black and white helps to emphasise these patterns. The photo shows tone, texture and pattern. The pattern in this image is both random and organised at the same time; it is random because the white pathway throughout but the black pieces of the pattern are very organised which make the image very striking. 

The above image, a close up of some leaves, shows precise patterns and a variety of colour. I like how the water droplets on several leaves has been captured which helps portray form. I also like how there is an assortment of colours which gives contrast between the like and dark. The key elements present in this photo are colour, pattern, texture and form.

 I like how the photo is so simple but it is very bold. The colours are quite bold and deep which draws in the viewer. I also like how there is texture and pattern captured throughout the image. This photo shows colour, texture, pattern and form.

I would like to include some of the techniques and focus points of Andrienne Adams' work because I love how the simplicity of the photos creates such a strong image. I would focus on the colours, patterns and textures present in natural objects such as leaves and flowers.

I feel that my photography has been rather influenced by Adrienne Adams' work for I believe I have focused on natural elements within my work. I have looked at flowers and leaves and other natural objects to convey different topics such as colour and pattern. This photo of the leaves, I feel this shows elements of her work because it is natural, focuses on shape, colour and texture to some extent. 


This photo above is quite different to photographs taken by Andrienne Adams for it is an example of multiple imagery. Despite this, I feel that this photo shows some key features and similarities to those used in Andrienne Adams work. Her work largely focuses on close ups of natural objects, their colours, texture and patterns. This photo above shows many close up shoots of the same plant. Each individual photo shows the texture and colour of the plant. Because of this I feel that my work has been influence by Adrienne Adams. 


 I feel that this particular photograph is quite representative of her work because it is quite similar to one of her own pieces. The whole frame is full of similar objects, which are leaves in this case, but there is one leave which stands out more than the others which in this case is the pink one in the centre. Overall, this photo shows predominately colour and texture. 


I think I would like to continue with the influence of Andrienne Adams' in my work because I think although they are simple objects, they do give a good overall effect. I want to try and focus more on the close up of objects to help portray texture and pattern even further. In addition, I think I would like to focus on one object in a frame regardless of the others also in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment