Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Work Diary- Form

Evaluation 
This lesson I was assigned the task of taking photographs of form. Photos of form capture shadows and other features that create the sense of 3D within a 2D photo. Luckily it was sunny so there were pleantly of opportunities to take photos of objects and their shadows. Having explored the college campus many of times to get photos of form, I decided to venture over to the town centre where there would be different photo opportunities from different objects such as signposts and statues. 
Having collected several pages of photos which I felt demonstrated form, I then edited the best pictures showing form.


This photo above is my personal favourite of the photos I edited because I really like how dark and precise the shadow created from the sign is. I also like the angle of which the photo was taken at as it emphasises the length of the object. Also, you cannot see the sign in the object, only a segment of the post but in the shadow it is of all of the object.


However, this photograph is my least favourite photograph I edited. I personally feel that although the image shows form, that it is quite boring- both the location and the shape of the object creating an unexciting shadow.

Progression
If I was to have the opportunity to progress further in this topic, I would focus on the shadows created by different signage. Focusing on public signs I would try to capture the shadows of traffic signs, street signs and underground signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment