Saturday, 27 September 2014

Work Diary- Pattern

Evaluation
The topic of today's session was pattern. Having done some research about pattern in photography you could see the variety of different patterns coming from both natural and man made objects. Patterns can be random, organised, different colours and different shapes. When taking photos of patterns, I looked for natural patterns coming from trees and flowers and I also looked for patterns in man made objects like walls and drain covers.

Having collected quite a wide range of photos that portrayed pattern, the best ones were then edited. My favourite is of brick pathway. I like it because it shows a random yet organised pattern to some extent at the same time. I also like how the green between the bricks contributes to the pattern.


This photo is another I collected and it shows pattern from a natural object rather than manmade objects. The pattern is how each leaf is arrange on the stem but then each leaf has an individual pattern is. The colours are also similar throughout and although there is a main focus point of the centred leaves and stem, there is also other one present throughout the background.


Progression
I would want to progress further in this topic by focusing mainly on the patterns of everyday objects such as pathways and buildings, patterns we take for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment