Sunday, 28 September 2014

Photographer 1- Gisel Florez

Gisel Florez

I have chosen to look at the work of Gisel Florez because in previous research I was drawn to her photography. I feel that her work is very unique as I had never seen anything of that sort. I feel that her work emphasises motion and colour of thing we take for granted. The main focus of her work is explosions of fruit and colour explosions from handbags. In her work, mainly the background is black which helps to enhance to colours and motion created.


I like this photograph because the strength of the explosion, how you see the larger parts of the apple and the very small. In this photo the redness of the apple stands out a lot because of the use of the black background but also because the explosion is made of very pale greens and whites. I love the way how the force of the explosion is presented and how the motion has been captured. This photo relates to colour, tone, form and texture.
This photograph shows a pineapple exploding, I like the way how the top of the pineapple is at a different angle to the rest of the pineapple. I also like the contrast in the yellow and green of the pineapple because they are both very bold colours. This image represents colour, pattern, tone and form.

I like the photo in the sense how the pear is in the foreground and how the explosion is in the background. In this particular photo, the colour of the fruit is quite dull but the explosion is very bold. This photo is representative of form, colour and tone.





I really like this photo because its pure simplicity. It is very different to her usual work in the sense that it is a still life piece in contrast to her explosive work. The image shows a lot of the key elements very well; it shows texture very well as the fruit is close up. It also shows colour, tone, form and reflection.


Gisel Florez may influence my future work by how approach taking photos of key elements. In future, I would like to try and use a black background the help emphasise and highlight the colours and tone of an object. I definitely would like to explore still life photography and how I could make a simple object both striking and interesting.



Initially when I had looked at Gisel Florez's work I felt rather inspired because of the simplicity but the effect created. I wanted her work to be shown throughout mine but however it hasn't shown. The work she creates is amazing and to try and get shots like hers is rather difficult. I have focused on the simplicity of pictures to try and portray colour and tone but I don't feel it has the same effect created.

My photograph above is similar in aspects yet so different to that of Gisel Florez's. It is similar for colour and form have been influenced by her work and they have been captured in this particular photo. The reds and greens are quite bold colours which are used in this photo to demonstrate the formal element of colour. Throughout this photo shadows are created between the leaves and then also light is projected on the berries. I feel that the fact this photo uses a few formal elements which are similar to the 

I do not want to carry on trying to show the influence of Gisel Florez in my work because I feel that it is more difficult than I had first thought. However, despite not carrying on with her photography I have learnt just how difficult it can be to capture such photographs but has also taught me how simple photos do have a great impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment