Colour. Colour is everywhere and taking pictures should be quite easily as a task. As given the task of taking pictures I went searching for images that would not be mistaken for representing anything else. I was searching for mainly bright colours such as yellows and greens but after a while some of the pictures started to feel quite repetitive. At the location I was taking photos was mainly full of flowers and natural objects; despite this I felt I had collected a variety of photographs demonstrating colour.
My favourite photo showing colour is the one below, quite simply a patch of grass. Throughout the grass there is a variety of shades of green which could not easily be mistaken for any other topic than colour. When it came to editing the photo I only really enhanced the vibrancy and saturation to give the colour more 'edge'.
This is another photo I took to show colour. There is a lot of contrast between the bright yellow of the flowers and the dark green of the stems and leaves. I feel that because there are so many flowers in this image, that it is quite overpowering to some extent and because of this there has been a loss of detail for each flower.
Progression
If given the opportunity to explore the topic of colour further I feel that I would like to. I would want to explore how the different colours represent the different moods. Also how the different colours of different objects vary for their purpose, for example underground signs are bold colours.


No comments:
Post a Comment