In this session the task assigned was to go and photograph photos that demonstrated depth. Before going to take my own photos I conducted some brief research on the internet to see what and how depth can be presented within an image. Throughout the images on the internet, depth was shown by the narrowing of pathways and objects; they portrayed a sense of distance.
Having gained some idea of what depth is and how it is shown in photography, I then went to take some of my own images, I took photos of stairs at different angles, of brick walls from the side and on top and pathways. The pictures I collected generally conveyed distance by the narrowing and change in size of an object.
Some of the photos I collected showed depth more than others, my particular favourite is the one below as I feel that it shows depth perfectly by the reducing height which creates the sense of depth. I also like how the editing of the photograph has helped to emphasise the colour of the reds throughout the wall.
This photo of a fence is also one I captured. I feel that the angle it is taken at helps to emphasise the distance and depth. I like it in the sense that there is the shadow of the fence but also how the fence is rather bright and light in colour.
Progression:
I would like to do some more work on this topic as I feel that it was quite interesting how a sense of depth can be created. If I was to do further work I would go to several different places to take pictures where there would be a wider range of objects and scenery.


No comments:
Post a Comment