Saturday, 27 September 2014

Work Diary- Line

Evaluation
The topic of today's session was line. Lines are an essential component of objects in todays world. After researching some photographs of line and getting an idea of objects to photograph, such as benches, I set out to take photos. I started taking photos of benches and panels where there were lines present but after a while they all seemed to be of similar things and were more or less the same. Having uploaded the pictures to the computer my best four were then chosen to be edited and uploaded.
My favourite is this one of the bench below. I feel that it shows both vertical and horizontal lines but it also conveys a sense of length to the object because of the angle it was taken at. I like how the bright green background helps to make the lines more bold as there is a contrast created.


This photo is also of a bench but it is a different style in the sense of colour and thickness of each panel. However, I don't feel that this photograph demonstrates line as much as the one above because in this image the bench is much lighter and the distance between each bench panel is much larger and the panels are also a lot more thinner. 



Progression
I don't think that I would want to progress in this topic any further because I think that there is only so many objects that show line- the photos are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment